Some of us can recall a time when you would pull up to a gas station to get gas and you would have a gas attendant fill the tank for you. The driver of the car would pull up, roll down his/her window, and ask the attendant to “Fill ‘er Up”. The best thing about this service was that the attendant would check your oil and other fluids, clean your windshield, and grab something from inside the station if you needed it. Most of the full-service gas stations went out of business once gas prices shot up during the ’70s and consumers became very price-conscious about the money they were paying for gas.
Today, most stations are self-service, and in addition, many car manufacturers are coming out with EV’s (Electric Vehicles) that obviously don’t run on gas. No matter the source, a vehicle needs power to move. It needs to be properly maintained to run well. Now, let’s talk about you. If we compare you to a vehicle, what similarities can we find?
- Fuel – Without the proper fuel, you simply cannot operate
- Maintenance – Without proper maintenance, you can’t operate at full strength
- Cleaned, waxed, and shined! – You feel better about yourself when you look your best
The bottom line is this, you know for a fact that the better you take care of your vehicle, the better it will take care of you while you’re on the road. But why do so many of us forget to apply these same principles to ourselves? Stop that…Today! Make it a high priority to maintain YOU on a daily basis. Here are a few keys:
- Pay attention to the fuel you’re using…both physically and mentally “Garbage in garbage stays” as the saying goes.
- Be committed to being a Goal Getter and knock out those goals through plaing and focus
- Taking care of yourself physically transfers directly to the energy you have available to do the important items in your day!
- Hire a coach. It’s not easy going it alone!
You can do this…and you will! Start today and get a jump start on the new year!
If you’d like to find out more about the results that a coach can help you achieve, let’s jump on a call to see if it might be a good fit for us to work together.
Let me know if you found this post helpful and if you haven’t already, make sure to LIKE and FOLLOW our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram page to get consistent Business Tips, Tricks, & Trends to help run a successful business.
Also, a great first step to erasing the Anti-Goaler label is to grab a copy of my Amazon Best Selling book “Get Squared.”