No doubt about it. We’re living in a pressure cooker right now. One of the organizations that I worked with had a C-level executive who would quote what he thought was a Chinese proverb, “May you live in interesting times.” Turns out that it’s looked at as more of a curse than a proverb, but it sure applies today. These are truly interesting times, and as we navigate them together, I’ve been paying close attention to my attitude and the attitudes of the clients and people around me. I thought I’d pass along a few keys to maintaining a positive attitude and outlook during these “interesting times”. It’s all about exercise routines…
- Exercise physically! Blow off steam, get your heart rate up, and sweat! Try 4 times a week with casual walks with your dog for the other 3 days.
- Exercise your brain! Read (not current event-related), listen to positive podcasts, take out a blank sheet of paper and write down some plans for your business going forward.
- Exercise control over what you watch. Choose something that’s fuy and light not negative and draining.
- Exercise self-control over what you consume. Pizza and beer every day will get you nowhere in the long run! Work on building up your immune system not making yourself more vulnerable.
- Exercise care and concern for others. Reach out, say hello, bring a meal. There are a lot of lonely people out there right now. Helping others always helps boost your attitude. I hope this helps you like it’s helped me and my clients! Good luck! S. Paul Moehring – Business Coach, Speaker, and Author – www.spaulmoehring.com Get on our schedule for a complimentary coaching session at www.calendly.com/spaulmoehring
Let me know if you found this post helpful and if you haven’t already, make sure to LIKE and FOLLOW our Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram page to get consistent Business Tips, Tricks, & Trends to help run a successful business.
Also, a great first step to erasing the Anti-Goaler label is to grab a copy of my Amazon Best Selling book “Get Squared.”